Thursday, May 23, 2013

Regarding Florida and Patsy Cline...

Hello.

We had our two "preview performances" of A Closer Walk with Patsy Cline today, which, for those who haven't worked for this company before (both of you) means paid audiences we get notes after before our acutal "press opening" tomorrow night.

For as long as I've worked here, I've always considered Employee Preview on Wednesday night "Opening Night," but Friday comes with little meatballs and alcohol, so it's the real opening in the eyes of the Company. Now, having a cast of TWO reduces the sparkle of such an opening a tad...but it will be nice to go into the schedule. Today was also Thursday, which means we have exactly one month until rehearsals for Shrek begin, though I know the time will go far, far faster than that.

And I'm so excited I'm probably becoming a nuisance about it. Whatever...it'll be here before you know it.

I'm also going to attempt to start a little "pre-NYC-networking" to get back in Disney's good graces while I have so many Mondays and Tuesdays free in Florida, at least one trip to Orlando to the Animal Kingdom facility as soon as they have an open call that I feel I should attend...as well as trying to be seen for Royal Carribean's Hairspray production which several friends have told me I should hunt down. These are two things that I'd put a trip back to Manhattan on hold for...but there's not a whole lot else that would divert me at this point.

As for getting my life on track, I'm trying to be a lot more conscious of my caloric intake, as well as fleshing out my bigger meals with lots more vegetables and keeping my carb intake down a little. I don't always succeed, but I'm gonna need to give myself a little permission to fail at the onset here. Late night binge eating has to be curtailed almost entirely as well. Trips to the gym (especially to build up my stamina for Shrek) will begin on Monday. (we get free gym access here...woo!)

If this blog is reaching Redditors or performers that are just starting out, I'm also happy to answer questions if you post. More soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment